- Are pets allowed on the boat?
Unfortunately, under no circumstances are any kind of pets allowed on the boat. Thank you for your understanding.
- Can we bring glassware such as wine glasses onboard?
For the safety of our passengers, no glassware is allowed on boats. However, you may bring bottles.
- How many people fit on each Duffy boat?
Up to 11 passengers on the 18′ Snug Harbor and up to 12 on the 21′ Sun Cruiser.
- Is the boat easy to drive and how old do you have to be?
The boat is as easy as driving a golf cart and goes five mph. You have to be 21 years old to drive our Duffy boat and have valid identification. We provide a detailed map of Mission Bay and go over how to drive the boat and where to go on the map before you depart.
- Can we fish or swim off the boat?
Unfortunately, fishing or swimming are not allowed off the boats.
- Do you provide life jackets?
Yes, we do, for all ages. Kids 12 and under are required by law to wear a life jacket. We do have life jackets for infants as well. If the infant is in a car seat or baby carrier they are not required to wear one, but we provide one to have on board. All adult life jackets are underneath your seats.
- Can the boats cruise out in the ocean?
Unfortunately, the boats must stay inside the harbor and bay.
- Is there music on the boat?
We have an iPod input, CD player and radio onboard. You are welcome to bring your iPod, iPhone, MP3 player and/or phone with music. We provide the auxiliary cord. Cruising on a Duffy boat wouldn’t be complete without your favorite music!
- What time should I show up to my reservation?
We recommend getting here 30-40 minutes before to get checked in and learn how to operate the Duffy boat. Prior to departure, a San Diego Electric Boat Company representative will orient you on how to operate the boat safely, including a basic understanding of waterway rules.
- What can I bring with me?
You are welcome to bring any food or beverages and your own cooler.
- Will I get cold on the boat?
All of our Duffy boat rentals have full window enclosures that can go up or down depending on what you feel comfortable with. If you keep all the windows down the boats stay extremely insulated and warm. You are welcome to bring any blankets with you, too.
- Will my kids have fun?
Absolutely! Duffy boats offer a kid-friendly environment.
- Are there any extra fees or expenses besides the hourly rate?
Yes, there is a 14% City/Port Tax fee. A $500.00 security deposit authorization will be required when you sign the rental contract before you shove off in the event of a late return, extra cleanup, rescue and/or any other losses or damage to the boat. Your credit card will NOT be charged unless there has been an incident or damage to the vessel. Enjoy the boats, but please care for them as if they were your own! A liability waiver must be signed in order to rent an electric boat.
- What is the cancellation policy?
– We have a strict 24-hour cancellation policy and you will be charged in full for your rental
– If you cancel before the 24-hour period (24 hours or more), you will be charged a $50 refund fee per reservation or per boat
– If you cancel and look to rebook for another date, there will be a $35 rebooking fee
– Cancellation refunds are refunded at the end of the month
– Should we deem the weather to be unsafe for navigating prior to departure, a full refund will be given